Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil is a luxury 100% virgin marula oil formulated for all skin types (including sensitive and acne prone) that deeply moisturizes your skin while helping to restore a youthful glow and fully rejuvenates the face.
We’re all struggling to pick from all of the available oils on the market with so many available options, and marula oil has become a trendy “hot button” ingredient lately that everyone seems to be talking about.
So it is no surprise to see why Drunk Elephant’s Marula Luxury Facial Oil has become such a favorite and is not only totally pure and organic, but leaves the skin as healthy, dewy, fresh, and radiant and possible.
So is Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil the solution to younger looking skin and deep hydration when you’re dry? We reviewed to test the hype.
Review: Drunk Elephant Marula Oil
Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil is a 1oz luxury facial oil packed with antioxidants to support skin health, maintain a youthful glow, and support anti-aging benefits.
The marula oil is derived straight from the actual marula fruit and is completely organic, yet the oil works to deliver actual results and helps your skin look younger and feel incredibly softer.
After the first time using it, my dull and dry skin felt silky soft and actually appeared brighter and more radiant, and after a few times I experienced the same feelings of moisture and my skin simply looked and felt healthier and “glowing.”
I noticed after a few weeks needing less of other products, like serums and creams (while only needing a small amount of the oil, which goes quite a long way), as well as a visible decrease in the appearance of lines around the forehead.
And with Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil, my skin just continued to glow and look vibrant and healthy. I noticed receiving compliments asking if I had done anything differently in general, and even comments from more than one person on the appearance of my skin (which was dry, dull, and lifeless before using it).
So while it was a splurge, it was not something I regretted, and is definitely something I would recommended when you’re in need of a quick boost of radiance, hydration, and looking for a softer, healthier, and dewy appearance quickly.
If you have dry skin, this is also a great way to moisturize your entire face and save on product, because it really goes the distance, and saves on the need for using a lot of other facial products.
With that said, a lot of customers with oily and combination skin also enjoy this product, because it is lightweight and helps restore PH balance, and never feels greasy or heavy on your skin.
We’re all searching for that perfect oil with so many options to pick from, and while it may come down to a personal preference, Drunk Elephant’s Luxury Facial Oil truly has most of the competition beat by far.
Drunk Elephant Marula Oil: Ingredient Benefits
The main ingredient in the formulation of Drunk Elephant’s Luxury Facial Oil is pure Marula Oil, which is known to have the following benefits for the skin with use:
- For dull skin: helps to brighten, make the skin glow, and make your skin look dewy and more lively
- Advanced anti-aging benefits (prevention and existing damage): rich in antioxidants, virgin marula oil helps treat signs of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and sun spots, while preventing future damage
- Anti-acne benefits for those who suffer from breakouts: antimicrobial properties help to treat signs of breakouts and acne, and fight the bacteria that causes acne
- Rich in vitamins C and E, oleic acid, omega-9 fatty acid, antioxidants, flavonoids that support overall skin health and circulation, helps the skin look healthier and vibrant
- Can help in the treatment of topical conditions, particularly eczema
- For dull for dry skin: provides deep hydration and a strong moisture hold to the skin that leaves you feeling soft and smooth
- Protection and prevention: helps provide a barrier against the sun and prevent against free radical damage and sun exposure damage
- Helps treat pigmentation issues and acne scar marks
Drunk Elephant Marula Oil Pros and Cons
Here are a look at some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase with Drunk Elephant’s Luxury Facial Oil Marula Oil:
- Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil is safe for all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone, and even with both skin types I did not experience any redness, rashes, breakouts, or irritation after use
- Cruelty-free company– Drunk Elephant does not test any of their products on any animals, use any animal products during any of their formulations, or during any manufacturing processes
- The luxury facial oil is free of all sulfates, parabens, mineral oils, and harsh chemical oils which can be irritating on the skin and face
- The oil is 100% pure and from the marula fruit itself, there are no harmful additives and the product is completely natural to use (as well as high in antioxidants)
- Anti-aging benefits- the luxury face oil is an advanced anti-aging treatment that helps decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, sun spots, and sun damage
- For very dry skin- after using the oil your skin feels incredibly hydrated, moisturized, nourished, and supple, leaving you feeling silky soft and smooth
- Perfect for applying as a base before makeup, as it leaves a more glowing and radiant finish after use
- Can be used during the daytime or night, and with any other serums or creams as you please
- Helps restore vibrance, radiance, and glow to the skin, especially if your skin is looking dull or sallow
- Helps balance PH levels, as well as tone and texture of the skin
- Never feels sticky, greasy, or heavy on the skin and is highly breathable (a very small amount of product goes a long way, so a few drops really moisturize even very dry skin, which also adds to product value)
- This is one oil that can be safely used by those with oily/combination types without any overly shiny or greasy effects, as it has an amazing balancing effect on the skin and still leaves the skin refreshed and glowing
- Helps other skincare products absorb better into the skin, and is highly absorbing
- Price point: as wonderful as this item is in terms of pure ingredients and benefits, it is a splurge, however, it does last for quite some time and can even be used alone for dry skin because it is so hydrating and offers so many anti-aging benefits (if you choose to skip serums to save, I have found this oil generally works better than most)
Drunk Elephant’s Money-Back Guarantee Policy
If you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin (or price barriers are a concern given this item’s cost for you) or have not used Drunk Elephant products in the past, the return and exchange policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Drunk Elephant, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of Drunk Elephant’s Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, anti-aging and general hydrating benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item, if purchased via Amazon (it can’t be guaranteed to apply to individual stores or merchants).
In this case, the formulation of the Marula Oil was quite gentle enough to use even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin and did not cause any irritation or breakouts, and it is designed to be safe/gentle for all types of skin, but spot testing is definitely recommended with this product, as with any topical treatment item.
Drunk Elephant Marula Oil: Worth It Winner?
While there are so many different oils to pick from on the market, Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil, while not cheap, is truly worth it for its price.
After only a few days of use, my skin was glowing and I did not even feel the need for additional serums, creams or treatments.
Even with very dry skin that was feeling dull and flaky from harsh winter weather, the Drunk Elephant Luxury Facial Oil made my skin look healthier and it was truly “glowing” and dewy in a way it hadn’t in months.
It also required a very small amount of product to treat the entire face and neck area, and was perfect to use at night as a luxury treatment before bed, as well as in the morning before makeup for a more radiant and even finish.
While it is a splurge, this is one of the few rare products I have found that is completely natural that truly provides anti-aging benefits that are visible to you and others, who start asking if you’ve changed your hair or done something different (you can let them in on the miracle oil or keep your secret).
Either way, this has become my favorite oil skincare product I have tried for hydration, radiance, and anti-aging in one, and would highly recommend it as a treat when you’re in need of a boost.