The leader in healthy meal delivery kits, Sun Basket, has taken another positive step towards healthy living and ensuring clients of all diets and specifications can use their services.
The company has taken steps in the past few months to partner with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) to launch a new diabetes-safe meal option to customers. The plan will be integrated into the companies healthy personal choice platform. The plan is a low-carb alternative with strict guidelines for added sugar and sodium content, but meals are still delicious with a great variety of alternatives and options to select from.
As the company grows in the field of meal delivery services, they continue to and plan to continue proving suitable options for those of all backgrounds and diets and continuing to hone in on specificity. Sun Basket, founded in 2014, is an innovator in the industry of meal delivery service options and making meal options both healthy and individualized.
The company employs natural, organic, and well-measured ingredients that are simple to cook and provides weekly recipes delivered to your door.
Sun Basket’s offering also includes a seasonally inspired Chef’s Basket, and Paleo, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescatarian, and Mediterranean meal options. Using Sun Basket, people are able to save time, enjoy a customized meal experience and enjoy healthy food without hassle.
Sun Basket’s New Diabetes-Friendly Meal Plan:
- 700 calories or less for all meals
- 10 percent saturated fat from calories or less
- Between 20 and 100 grams of carbohydrates
- At least 5 grams of fiber
- Less than 10 percent calories from added sugar
- 700 mg of sodium or less
The diabetes-safe meal plan meets ADA guidelines, making it safe for all sufferers of diabetes to consume and enjoy, and with 30 million diabetes sufferers in the country, those who require special diets have a growing need for options and flavorful food that meets recommended plans and ADA standards.
There are a variety of delicious and still flavorful options on the plan, with an emphasis on high-fiber, nutrient and protein rich foods. Research suggests high-fiber diets can help in stabilizing blood glucose levels. The plan includes a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains, and meets the nutrition guideline goals for anyone with diabetes.
Sun Basket CEO, Adam Zbar, explained “we want to help people in the United States, where there is really a significant population where eating healthy and cooking healthy can help, thirty million people in the United States have diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2, and over 100 million people are at risk for diabetes.” All diabetes-friendly menu options are available at no additional cost or fee as compared to the traditional menu.
The plan was initiated to help those with diabetes and pre-diabetes, but are suitable for those seeking diets or options low in carbs, low in saturated fat, free of trans fat, low sodium and moderate in sugar. So this may also make a great option for those looking to stay healthy, or those who prefer nutrient-rich meals with substantial sources of fiber, whole grain, and fresh vegetables.
The new menu offering is another great step for Sun Basket in providing good and suitable nutrition options to everyone, and makes the company the first business model of its kind to partner with medical foundations to support diets that cater to specific health conditions, rather than simply diet preferences.
Sun Basket ensures all of its customers are satisfied and healthy, and supports a transparent approach to not just meeting standards, but meeting nutritional goal plans for those with diabetes (another first).
They are also partnered with the American Heart Association, and developed the Lean & Clean meal plan as a low calorie (under 500 per recipe) option, low in oils and sodium, to develop a plan for nutritious meals that fit with the diets of those at risk for or living with heart disease. But anyone seeking a healthy plan or diet option can reap the same benefits.
There are tentative plans, according to company founders and leaders, in developing plans tailored to meet the needs of those with other varying medical conditions (i.e. autoimmune, gastrointestinal disorder, anti-inflammatory plans). The company continues to demonstrate ways to provide healthy, tasteful meals to all and remain mindful of different health conditions, medical needs, the environment, and fair farming practices.
Sun Basket: A Leader in The Meal-Delivery Space
Here are some of the overall benefits to using Sun Basket, whose factor of differentiation in the market is as the leading provider of organic, nutritious options suitable to the needs of all (be it diet plan, preferences, or a need for no gluten in the diet):
- Ranges of diet needs and specifications (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian,
- Packaging is all 100% recyclable, making it an environmentally friendly selection
- Convenient weekly delivery, no need for grocery shopping and time-management friendly
- Ingredients all arrive fresh in insulated packaging and box
- All ingredients are pre-measured, ensuring accurate nutritional information and cutting down on food waste
- Produce is organic, making it a healthy and naturally-based option
- Specific sauces, flavors, and other rare finds that aren’t typically available at local grocery stores or farmers markets
- Unique snack options specific to Sun Basket
- Choice recipes of your preference with nearly 20 different options per week
- Easy to prepare, with an average preparation and total cook time of 30 minutes or less
- CCOF certified organic handler, the company values transparent farming practices, environmental efforts, and ethical treatment for animals
- Renowned chef Justine Kelly works with farmers to source ingredients and create new recipes, she also developed the diabetes-friendly meal plan for Sun Basket
- Food is of both great nutritional content, healthy, and delicious
- Individualized plans can fit the needs of varying diets, schedules, and preferences
- 1000 pounds of food is donated by the company weekly to support food banks for those in need
- Money-back guarantee, you will receive a full refund upon any food allergy or dissatisfaction to the meal plan