If you’re seeking a truly “divine” gift for the holiday season, or a gift to the self, I would highly recommend L’Occitane’s Divine Star Gift Collection.
The 4-piece skincare set features some of the most popular luxury beauty items from the Provencal company’s offering and includes several anti-aging products that enhance radiance, brightening, and hydration.
The products can be used by those of any skin type, including those with sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, and even topical conditions (barring any specific allergies to product formulations and specific ingredients in the products), and are effective but only contain naturally based ingredients. Formulated free of any parabens or sulfates, the company is also cruelty-free and the set itself offers great value in comparison to individual retail cost.
Additionally, there is no overt anti-aging marketing on the design or product itself if you are seeking a gift and trying to exercise discretion.
This review will cover some main features on the set itself and corresponding benefits with product use, smaller reviews on included products, some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase, as well as a final verdict, to help you make a more informed purchasing choice prior to any point of sale.
The Main Features
L’Occitane’s Divine Star Gift Features 4 anti-aging skincare items, including the Immortelle Divine Cream, the Immortelle Divine Cleansing Foam, Immortelle Divine Eyes, and The Immortelle Divine Youth Oil.
All of the included products are formulated with naturally based ingredients and designed to treat all skin types, including those with sensitive skin and topical conditions, barring any allergies to a specific ingredient in the formulation. The products are mainly designed to treat signs of wrinkles, loss of elasticity, smoothen out and plump the skin, and treat signs of sun damage, but users can also expect to see visibly brighter, softer, and more hydrated skin.
While using the products, I noticed visibly softer, more youthful, even, and brighter appearing skin. All of the products are extremely soft and gentle, and none were irritating or caused breakouts, even with sensitive and acne-prone skin. It makes a lovely gift option for the holidays and offers great value in comparison to retail, and also makes a great introductory item for those new to the brand looking to try out the best skincare items and some of the most popular products.
Below you will find breakdowns of the included products and briefer reviews on each.
The Included Products
Immortelle Divine Cream
Out of all of the included products in the collection, this was definitely a personal favorite and felt extremely luxurious to use.
The cream is rich and hydrating, but does not feel greasy or sticky on the skin, and is still highly breathable. The cream contains natural ingredients and feels extremely soft on the skin, and skin appears visibly brighter and radiant following use. Benefits are noticeable very quickly, and I noticed a difference within about 2-3 days of daily topical use. It can be applied following a cleanser (or serum/oil if desired) and used during the day and/or night.
The cream definitely offers suitable anti-aging benefits, both preventative and retroactive. It’s designed to treat and fight signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, improve the skin’s collagen and elasticity, and smoothen out the surface of the skin. Over time and with continual daily use, users can also expect to see signs of sun damage and sun spots treated, as well as more advanced signs of aging such as hyperpigmentation. It’s also an ideal treatment for brightening benefits and visibly decreases the appearance of pore size.
This is an ideal cream to try if you’re experiencing dry skin and looking for an anti-aging moisturizer for day and night that provides actual anti-aging benefits but contains naturally based ingredients, and is suitable for all skin types (including sensitive).
Immortelle Divine Cleansing Foam
The cleansing foam was a lovely product with a great fresh scent, and one I would definitely recommend for those seeking an anti-aging formulation and a gentle daily face cleanser.
The cleanser provides a deep clean without drying out the face or stripping the skin at all, but removes all oil, dirt, debris, and eye makeup (including mascara). While you may still wish to use a toner product based on individual preferences or skincare routines, I found there was not really a need for one while using this product, and those who are dry or seeking to improve dull skin will notice improvements (such as brightened skin and restored glow) following use.
The product foams up quite nicely and a very small amount goes a long way, adding value and longevity. It lasted for quite some time, and suffice to say I was disappointed when the product finally ran out.
While it may not be something I would purchase individually due to price constraints, if you are seeking an anti-aging cleanser that provides a lot of longevity and foams up without drying out the skin, I would definitely recommend trying out this product, and it made a lovely addition to the collection.
Immortelle Divine Eyes
Out of the included products, this eye serum was probably my least favorite, although based on other customer reviews, this is a highly individual choice, and I would recommend customers read through other opinions as well.
The treatment is designed to treat signs of wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, puffiness, and aging around the sensitive eye area (both under the eye and around the general area). While there was nothing I inherently or openly disliked regarding the product, it simply did not outperform other products in its category or seem to do much with daily topical use.
While I would certainly recommend it if you’re trying to address signs of dark circles and looking for brightening benefits, or looking to treat puffy eyes (as it certainly works for these concerns), I believe there are better products on the market in the category, and less expensive formulations that can treat the same concerns. Additionally, if you’re looking to treat more advanced signs of aging around the eye area, you’d be better off opting for a product containing a stronger ingredient. While it’s lovely to think that a serum that is naturally based can address signs of advanced aging around this area, it is incredibly difficult to do so for most.
While some love and swear by this treatment and it’s certainly a personal choice to make, it was not my favorite as I’ve used products in the category for less that provide the same benefits. With that said, it still makes a lovely addition to the set and would not sway or deter the overall purchasing choice in this case.
Immortelle Divine Youth Oil
This product is absolutely lovely, and makes the skin look dewy, vibrant, youthful, and radiant. While I’ve used many different oil products and admit that it’s become an extremely crowded category, this is definitely a luxurious product and I would absolutely recommend it.
It’s ideal for all skin types (dry or combination) and extremely gentle on the skin, it provides hydration and balance, and absorbs very quickly, without feeling greasy or sticky on the face at all. If you’re experiencing dull or sallow skin, the oil quickly improves the appearance and texture of the complexion and really restores glow. It pairs perfectly with the cream and can also be used with foundation for a more radiant finish.
I enjoy using this product at night and waking up to a more refreshed appearance, but it’s also nice to use in the morning prior to makeup application for a more radiant finish. In terms of anti-aging benefits, the skin definitely looks more plumped, smoother, softer, youthful, and firmer (without any tightening or unnatural aesthetic). It may be a crowded category, but this oil is definitely a winner, even if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin (as many oil products can easily break out the skin, but this product tends to be extremely gentle and nourishing).
Positives And Negatives
Here are a look at some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- Cruelty-free company: products are not tested on any animals and none of the ingredients in the formulations contain any animal products, or are used during any manufacturing processes
- All included products are free of harsh chemical additives, parabens, sulfates, and irritating dyes
- All of the included products provide suitable anti-aging benefits with naturally based ingredients, including reducing the signs of fine lines, wrinkles, and smoothing and firming the skin
- All products are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin and topical conditions (barring any allergies to ingredients in the formulations)
- Products have a light and fresh scent, free of any harsh chemical odor or fragrance
- All included products work for treating dull or sallow skin and help restore glow and radiance
- Great item as gift for the holiday season, for a recipient in your life who enjoys skincare (free of any overt anti-aging marketing on the packaging)
- Great item as an introductory product if you’re new to the line and looking to try out some of the most popular items
- If you’re already a fan of the skincare, this is a great way to purchase more items at a better value in comparison to retail cost in comparison to the cream as a standalone item
- While the oil and cream are extremely hydrating and rich in texture, neither product feels greasy or sticky and both are highly breathable
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, none of the included products in the set caused any redness, reaction, breakouts, or skincare reactivity
- Extremely great value in comparison to individual retail cost, as the individual products themselves tend to retail at around $100 per item
- All products provide great value and longevity as very little product is required for use, and only conservative use is needed for daily topical application
- Products can be enjoyed by a diverse range of consumers in terms of ages, and are used by those in their 20’s and 80’s alike (provide suitable preventative and retroactive benefits)
- Products are formulated with natural oils and immortelle, which are safe for the skin (excluding individual allergy), and effective for skincare health and benefits as well as anti-aging without being harmful to the skin at all
- While this is a luxury brand and item, the cost of the set is certainly not inexpensive, however it is important to bear in mind the products will last for quite some time, and the set offer great value in comparison to retail cost, as well as longevity
- While the eye product was certainly decent and there was not any specific negative with use, I did not notice any particular anti-aging benefits, any would say the product is better for those seeking to treat signs of puffiness or dark circles (with that in mind, I do not have advanced signs of aging around the eye area, and other reviewers may disagree with this sentiment)
Especially considering the price point, the money-back guarantee policy may be an important factor for you in your purchasing choice.
The manufacturer, L’Occitane, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the products, or if they do not work for your skin to provide suitable skincare, brightening or anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulations, you may elect to return the set at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
You must bear in mind you will need to return the entire set, as individual items will not be eligible for return or exchange. If you feel the policy if not taken into consideration, you may contact customer service, and you can remain ensured you will receive a full refund.
I was happy to discover that the formulations in the product were gentle enough for sensitive skin, this is highly variable and individual allergy is always possible. I felt compared to the longevity and benefits this was a worthy splurge, but this is a highly individual choice, and only one you as a consumer can decide on.
The Final Verdict
If you’re looking for a luxury gift this season (or a starter collection for yourself as an introductory item or current fan of the brand) that offers value and benefits with use, I would highly recommend this set, and stress the longevity and benefits in comparison to cost.
Additionally, it’s quite rare to see an entire product range formulated with such natural and high quality ingredients and oils that are completely devoid of any harsh additives or chemicals with such high efficacy, in terms of corresponding anti-aging benefits.
The products can be used and enjoyed by varying demographics, so if you’re seeking products for preventative care or retroactive treatment, I’d highly recommend trying out the entire range. They are all suitable for all skin types, and the formulations are gentle and safe enough for those with sensitive and acne-prone skin, and even topical conditions.
The scents of all included products are lovely, and minimal use is required, so users can expect a long shelf life and great product longevity, adding value to a set which is already sold at a great price in comparison to individual retail value.
Definitely luxurious, divine, and recommended!