Review: Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask (The Best Instant Glow)
New York City based apothecary Malin and Goetz prides itself on offering an assortment of skin, hair, body, and home products designed specifically for sensitive skin. The products are considered extremely safe to use even with a variety of skin conditions, and are used by men and women of all different skin types and tones. Their offering combines modern technology with naturally based ingredients and all products are free of any harsh dyes, parabens or sulfates. Their Detox Face Mask is a cult classic and favorite skincare product to many and has gained a loyal following of customers who continue replenishing. Part of the products popularity is the idea that it’s perfect for on the go and a busy lifestyle. Application and use takes only 5 minutes, can replace a cleanser, and delivers all of the same great results of any skincare treatment mask in less time.
So why pick this mask over others on the market in such a competitive product and overall landscape? If you’re seeking a treatment with high quality ingredients suited to sensitive skin and looking to save time, the Detox Face Mask is sure to complete your routine and become a bathroom shelf staple.
Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask Background
New York designer and former architect Andrew Goetz paired with product aficionado Matthew Malin, who had a long history in the beauty and cosmetics world, to found a company designed with simple skincare solutions and sensitive skin in mind. The company has several Brick and Mortar locations in NYC and can be purchased at department stores or online. Conceptually, the two identified a demand in the marker for a company free of complicated regimens and multiple steps for busy urbanites looking to avoid the hassle. Skin sensitivity, concerns, and conditions were also paramount. It was important to develop a product that could be used on any skin, barring allergy, and for men and women alike. One founder speaks often to personal experiences with rosacea and eczema, and has offered himself as a tester to every product’s safety. So with simple skincare solutions and that personal testimony in mind, they have created a solution for both busy professionals seeking simplicity and those with sensitivities seeking relief from product irritation. Ultimately both of these are achieved alongside great results of product use.
Review: Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask
The Detox Face Mask is a great product, producing lasting results in only 5 minutes. The product should be applied to a dry face and requires about two pumps. Once a thin layer of the product is applied the mask foams up on the skin, with a similar look to a shaving cream. You’ll hear the product “crackle and pop,” a normal reaction and a sign of hydration being restored. When the product is removed, after only 5 minutes, the skin is left fresh, clean, soft, dewy and brightened. Skin glows and results are visible very quickly and after only one use. The mask can be used by any skin type, oily types will benefit from balance and dry types will benefit from fully restore hydration. It is very safe for skin conditions and can be used with sensitivities (a rarity for treatment products that work). You may want to follow with a serum and moisturizer or this may be your only step if the skin is left balanced and hydrated to your liking. During the daytime it’s advisable to finish with a suitable SPF product or cream. But ultimately you will feel and see results immediately after use.
Review: Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask Ingredients
Malin and Goetz prides itself on using the highest quality ingredients, free of any additives, parabens, or sulfates. The Detox Face Mask is deep-cleaning and combines aloe leaf juice, Vitamin C, green tea extract, soy proteins and panthenol to clarify and hydrate the skin. Here is some information about the benefits of these ingredients:
- Anti-inflammatory properties promote healing and soothing to the skin
- Fights acne and acne-causing bacteria, helps address and repair scarring from previous acne
- Effective healing properties to the skin, helps repair and nurture tissue, helps treat sun damage
- Softens and hydrates skin without clogging pores, leading to a glowing complexion and reduced pore size
- Anti-aging properties; aloe vera contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin’s natural firmness and improve elasticity
- Helps diminish the appearance of burned skin, soothes sunburns
- Protects skin from sun damage naturally and heals from prior damage
- Brightens the skin naturally and reduces signs of uneven tone and discoloration, promoting an even and smooth overall tone
- Improves hydration and moisture, helps bind moisture into the skin and restores any depleted hydration
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and expedites healing rates
- Helps heal sunburns and promotes skin repair, working in tandem with aloe ingredient
- Anti-aging, antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps boost collagen production and elasticity, diminishing the appearance of any wrinkles or lines
Green Tea Extract
- Fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair
- Fights DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays specifically)
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts
- B2 maintains structure and firmness to the skin
- Vitamin E (found in green tea) supports skin cell growth and turnover while hydrating
- Provitamin of B5 and used as an emollient and moisturizer because of an ability to penetrate the skin, thus this ingredient hydrates and moisturizes skin leaving it fresh and supple
Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask Pros & Cons
- Can be used by men and women as a treatment or standalone treatment/cleanser in one
- Can be used with sensitive skin or skin conditions
- Product smell is lovely, comparable to fresh almonds
- Saves time, for a mask/treatment product application only takes 5 minutes
- Can be paired with any other moisturizer or skincare products
- Great package design and product aesthetic
- Can be used in the shower and won’t peel or come off
- Brightens the skin and leaves skin hydrated, fresh, radiant and clean
- Cruelty free, the product has never been tested on animals
- Money back in-full if dissatisfied or if any concerns or allergies are present, great return policy
- Fully restores moisture to the skin and provides balance for oily/combination types without clogging pores
- Not greasy, sticky, no residue or buildup is left behind following removal
- Skin “feels” great and refreshed immediately
- Firms skin, anti-aging properties
- Price, while the product lasts a very long time, many customers see price objections for skincare
- Not safe for those with allergies to almond
Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask: Worth It?
The Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask is a deep-cleansing treatment that can be used on all skin types and delivers fast and visible results. The skin is left radiant, clear, even and brightened immediately. They have successfully created a product that can used bearing both simplicity and sensitivity in mind, and an efficacious one at that. We loved the mask and understand the fan-following, it’s certainly worth the hype. A blend of natural and high-quality ingredients soothe skin and provide total restoration. Perhaps one of the standouts of this product is it can be used as a cleanser as well and saves time. We haven’t found another mask or treatment product that can deliver results within 5 minutes or less, making this an excellent option for on the go and perfect for the busiest schedules. Recommended!