Peter Thomas Roth’s Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream is a product I tried with glowing (pun-intended) results as a trial in a starter set and recently discovered it for a heavily discounted price online as well (in its full size version).
As we all are, I was looking for a cream at a reasonable price point for sensitive skin that would leave my skin feeling smooth and soft, and found it- with an included discount!
With a prior affinity for the brands collection of hydrating masks that leave the skin looking radiant, PTR has failed to disappoint in the skincare category, and remains suitable for those of varying skin types- including different ages and concerns.
The concentrated cream is 30% hyaluronic acid, and offers 72 hour moisture hold. Designed to treat signs of dryness, dull or sallow skin, uneven tone and texture, and anti-aging concerns, it leaves the skin dewy and supple.
While the texture itself is quite lightweight, the product is extremely hydrating and suitable for even very dry skin or those suffering from dry patches.
Right now, Amazon is selling the product for a sharply discounted rate (genuine and confirmed, not counterfeit), so fans of the cream or those looking to try it out for the first time can purchase it for $40 (rather than the typical +$50 price point).
This review will cover some main features on the cream, some positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase, a look at some key ingredients in the formulation and corresponding skincare benefits, and a final verdict, the help you make a more informed purchasing choice prior to any official point of sale.
Review: Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
Peter Thomas Roth’s Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream has become a cult-favorite and popular quite quickly amongst varying age groups and those with different complexions (including sensitive skin) for good reason- this is definitely a lightweight but very hydrating moisturizer that leaves the skin looking glowing and restored, while feeling soft and supple.
It can be used in the AM or PM, and works perfectly prior to makeup application for a smoother delivery and more radiant finish.
Even with very sensitive and acne-prone skin, I experienced no reactivity whatsoever to this moisturizer and only reaped wonderful benefits with use- including improved radiance and glow, a smoother and more even complexion, improved evenness in tone and texture, and an overall more youthful appearing aesthetic.
Following use the skin looks incredibly supple and refreshed, and pore size is also noticeably decreased in appearance. The texture is lightweight, absorbs very quickly, and feels incredibly nourishing and luxurious to apply. The feeling upon application is so good that you generally have to resist the urge to overuse the product.
Formulated without the use of any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives, it is also safe and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive (and did not cause any redness, reaction, breakouts, or reactivity even with sensitive and acne-prone skin).
For those with oily or combination complexions, the moisturizer also helps to restore balance and control natural oil production, leading to a more natural and resurfaced surface layer of the skin.
After continual daily use for a couple of weeks, I noticed visible improvements and received compliments about my skin and overall appearance (with people generally asking if I had changed my hair, etc.), and ultimately my skin has never felt softer.
If you’re extremely parched, you can add in a drop of oil or use an oil or serum product beforehand if desired, but this generally works well as a standalone product. If you’re seeking something for dry or imbalanced skin that needs an instant refresher, especially if you are prone to sensitivities, this is an excellent option for a daily go-to moisturizer.
On top of all of these rewards, the product can now be found at a discounted rate as well (in accordance with how many supplies and products last).
Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Ingredients
For those of us with very sensitive skin or who just may be concerned about what we are applying to our skin topically and fans of clean product formulations, understanding the ingredients in skin products can be as important as checking labels or understanding ingredients in the foods you buy from grocery stores, eat at restaurants, or purchase via meal delivery subscription services.
Here is a look at some key ingredients found in the cream and corresponding benefits with ongoing daily topical use:
- For dull or sallow skin: helps restore balance and promotes a more radiant finishing aesthetic
- Helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and signs of hyper-pigmentation and sun damage/sun spots over time with continual daily use
- Suitable for all skin types, helping restore balance in oil production for those with oily or combination skin, and adding moisture for those with dry skin
- With a very silky and lightweight texture, this is not an ingredient that typically makes a product feel heavy, greasy, or sticky on the skin
- For dry or dehydrated skin: creates a smooth and supple texture and aesthetic, that’s softer and improved in hydration
- Is already a naturally occurring element in the body that depletes over time with age (akin to collagen), requiring restoration to maintain the same youthful appearance, thus highly gentle and safe for sensitive skin and those of all complexions
- Helps to restore depleted hydration and overall appearance of the skin, with the ability to absorb 1000 times its weight in water and a 72 hour moisture hold
- Safe and suitable for all skin types and sensitivities, this ingredient helps restore a supple appearance, smoother aesthetic, and helps replenish depleted hydration
- Anti-aging benefits: aids in firming and maintaining moisture to the skin and layers of the dermis to help prevent further damage and plump out any preexisting damage or lines
- Anti-acne benefits: helps treat existing breakouts, fights the bacteria that causes acne and prevents the formation of new acne marks
- Anti-aging benefits: helps fights signs of wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots, acne scarring, and sun damage
- For dull or sallow skin: helps to improves overall skin tone, texture and clarity, leaving the skin with a more dewy and radiant finish
- Detoxifies the skin and helps in removing any impurities, dirt and oil, especially those that may clog pores or lead to acne (helps fight acne-causing bacteria)
- May help in minimizing the appearance of pore size, especially in the T-zone area and on the nose
- Helps prevent the skin from free radical damage, i.e. preventative anti-aging benefits and overall skin health benefits (while acting as a preventative anti-aging formulation)
- Supports overall skin health while protecting from damage, working in tandem with other ingredients in the formulation to support overall skin health and restore an improved appearance
- For those with dry or dehydrated skin: helps skin produce and retain water with a long moisture hold, alleviating dry skin and restoring depleted hydration
- Helps to create and protect skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface, acting as a preventative anti-aging treatment
- Anti-aging benefits: helps in the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as sun damage
- Restores luminosity to the skin, providing a radiant aesthetic following application and improvements that are visible with continual daily use
- Gentle ingredient that’s naturally found on the skin, making it very suitable for sensitivities and topical conditions
- Protects the skin against future sun and environmental/free radical damage that are physically and aesthetically damaging
- Helps expedite wound healing, topical abrasions, minor irritation and any skin redness or reactivity
- Anti-aging benefits: stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, anti-aging benefits
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and sagging skin with continual daily topical use over time
- Promotes healthy barrier function and skin hydration, alleviates dull or dry skin
- Feels soft and silky on the skin and helps replenish any depleted hydration
- Helps improve radiant aesthetic and improves soft glow on skin
- Relieves redness and irritation
- Tightens skin while still leaving it feeling soft and smooth
- Improves the appearance of scars, including acne scarring
- Promotes blood circulation for the appearance of healthier looking skin
- Alleviates preexisting sun damage and helps prevent against future sun damage and environmental toxins that can be physically and aesthetically harmful
Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Pros & Cons
With this product, it is actually difficult to come up with many negatives or downsides with use, as I found visible benefits and the cream is soft, nourishing and gentle. It also has a clean formulation that’s ideal for all skin types, especially if you’re sensitive. The only downsides are if you happen to experience any allergy (as with any topical product), or if you still feel the cost is too high for the category, depending on personal budget and preference.
With that in mind, here are some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- The product has a very clean formulation with high quality ingredients and is free of any sulfates, parabens, or harsh chemical additives
- Safe and suitable for all skin types: including sensitive skin, dry skin, acne-prone types and combination/oily
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test on any animals, use any animal products during its manufacturing processes, or in any product formulations
- The cream did not cause any redness, irritation, breakouts, reactivity, or sensitivities even with acne-prone skin that is sensitive to topical products (this does not mean that individual allergies do not exist, as with any product)
- The formulation is lightweight yet very hydrating, and leaves the skin feeling and looking soft, smooth, glowing, and more radiant following use
- For sallow or dull skin: users can expect a more luminous complexion following use almost immediately
- Treats even very dry skin quite well, and leaves the skin feeling smooth, even, soft, and firm
- Anti-aging benefits: over time with continual daily use, users can expect to see improvements in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of sun damage
- Works for both day and night, and helps achieve a more radiant finish if used prior to makeup application, while feeling soft and luxurious in the evening when applied before bed
- Helps skin appear more plumped, supple, and silky (the texture itself is also quite silky)
- The formulation is packed with antioxidants to support overall skin health and help with preventative anti-aging benefits, as well as creating a suitable environmental barrier to prevent from harmful sun and pollution damage
- The cream is currently available at a discount in comparison to retail price, which is a rarity in the cosmetics industry in general, especially for a very popular product
- Even with the discount, some may find the $40 price point too high for the moisturizer or skincare category in general- however it is important to bear in mind that a small amount really does go a long way and it should last several months, in conjunction with incredible benefits with use (additionally, for those with very dry skin: this may eliminate the need for other products such as rich oils or serums and can be used as a standalone treatment)
- As with any topical treatment, cream, or serum- a small minority of users reported product allergy (so especially for the most sensitive skin types, spot testing is always highly recommended)
Money Back Guarantee
If you are new to the brand or trying out this cream for the first time with any type of uncertainty, the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Peter Thomas Roth, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning. If you are dissatisfied with the use of the cream, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating or anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time.
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
If you feel the policy if not taken into consideration, you may contact customer service, and you can remain ensured you will receive a full refund.
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive/acne-prone skin and did not cause any breakouts or irritation at all, but due to price barriers or sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable.
While I felt compared to the longevity and benefits this was a worthy splurge especially considering the discounted promotion, this is a highly individual choice, and only one you as a consumer can decide on.
Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream: The Final Verdict
If you are looking for a daily moisturizer that is suitable for even the most sensitive skin and leaves you feeling and looking more refreshed and hydrated, I would highly recommend Peter Thomas Roth’s Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream.
It helps to moisturize even the dryest skin and leaves you looking refreshed, radiant, and with an overall glowing and dewy complexion. Formulated with clean and natural ingredients, the product is also extremely safe and supportive of overall skin health, and those with sensitive or acne-prone skin do not have to fear use (barring any unique allergy), as it is also quite gentle and nourishing.
In addition to leaving the skin feeling soft and dewy, following use your skin has improved glow and a nearly perfect even texture.
For those of all skin types, even if you may have had troubleshooting issues in the past regarding sensitivity concerns, I would highly recommend this moisturizer!
It’s developed a worthy hype online and in stores, and following trying it out I am in agreement with the loyal fan base leaving glowing reviews for the product.
Highly recommended, and exercise the limited discount option as soon as you can if you’d like to try it (bearing in mind the return policy if you are new to the brand or still uncertain)!