Fresh’s Soy Cleanser has a cult-following and has become a bathroom shelf staple for legions of men and women for years for its lightweight gel formulation that effectively removes all traces of makeup, debris, residue, and dirt, while leaving the skin fully hydrated and refreshed following use.
The fresh soy face cleanser can even remove mascara and eye makeup (including liner) and can be used twice a day without stripping the skin or creating any feelings of dryness or tightness following use.
Ideal for all skin types (including sensitive and acne-prone skin, barring any specific topical allergies to ingredients found in the product formulation), the texture is gentle and nourishing, and is tough on makeup while being safe and sensitive on the skin itself. When followed by a serum and/or cream of your choosing, the skin is left feeling smooth and soft, and appears radiant and dewy.
Designed to treat dullness and signs of sallow skin, the cleanser is also anti-aging, helping to improve the loss of firmness and elasticity of the skin and treat any signs of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and pigmentation issues. It also helps in evening out tone and texture.
This review will cover some main product features, some main pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase, some key ingredients in the fresh face wash and some corresponding benefits with ongoing daily topical use, and a final verdict, to help you make a more informed purchasing choice, prior to any prospective point of sale.
Review: Fresh Soy Cleanser
Fresh Soy Face Wash comes in different sizes (ranging from 50ml for $15 to 150ml for $46), dependent on preference- and obviously if you are a fan of the product already or confident about the product, the larger size makes the better investment that proves a longer shelf-life with better overall longevity and use.
Featuring only the freshest and cleanest ingredients, the formula is suitable for all skin types and formulated mainly with amino-acid rich soy based proteins, that help support overall skin health, radiance, vibrancy, help to brighten the complexion, and support anti-aging benefits.
The cleanser can be used by those of all complexions and skin types and is typically enjoyed by those with very sensitive skin, even those who have exhausted all other options in the past, as it is extremely soft and gentle on the skin and around the eye area, and provides a deep cleanse that leaves the skin looking and feeling refreshed and hydrated. It never feels greasy, sticky, leaves behind any residue, and never tightens or pulls at the skin.
Excluding those with specific allergies, this tends to be gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin types and does not contain any harmful or potentially triggering/irritating chemical ingredients.
I found this cleanser provided a thorough and even wash that fully removed all makeup without the need for much product use, and afterwards my skin looked refreshed, clear, and visibly brighter. It also felt very soft, and was certainly not dried out at all. Even with sensitive skin, I experienced no redness or reaction following use.
The scent is lovely as well and akin to fresh cucumber, without any perfume-type odor. My only qualm is with the price sticker considering the category. While the cult-following and legions of loyal fans are understandable given the benefits, I have found other cleansers on the market for slightly lower prices that seem to provide equal benefits.
With that said, this is an excellent product for fans of gentle and nourishing cleansers with sensitive skin, and tops the “best cleanser” list without any doubt.
Fresh Soy Cleanser- How To Use:
- The product can be used daily, both AM and PM, as a first step prior to a makeup routine or other beauty routines
- Wet the skin and massage the product over the face and eyes gentle and rinse
- For heavy makeup removal (especially eye makeup): use on dry skin and wipe off with cotton rounds followed by rinsing, with warm water or preferred temperature
- If desired for a deep treatment or mask at home: wash the skin with the face cleanser (in either of the aforementioned ways), then apply a mask treatment as desired or exfoliating product to the skin and remove with warm water or a hot towel
Fresh Soy Cleanser Ingredients
Especially for those of us with sensitive or acne-prone skin (which may be a reason why you are considering this specific product), checking ingredients on topical products can be very important- to ensure there are no potential allergens present and to make sure only the cleanest ingredients are going on to the face.
The product is formulated with Amino-acid-rich Soy Proteins, Rosewater, and Borage Seed Oil.
All of the ingredients contained in the fresh soy face wash are designed to balance, nourish, and help support overall skin health- and the product is formulated devoid of any harmful chemical additives, harmful binding agents, sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, and phthalates.
For some of us, especially those with allergies or topical reactions, it can be as important as checking labels in the ingredients in the foods we purchase or the labels on groceries we purchase (or from meal delivery subscription service kits).
With that in mind, here are some main ingredients contained in the formulation and some corresponding benefits with ongoing daily topical use:
Amino Acid-Rich Soy Proteins
- Helps to moisturize, repair and protect the skin during and after the cleansing process
- Helps promote glow and shine to sallow skin, restoring vibrancy and luminosity
- Provides a protective layer over the skin to help prevent against future damage from the sun and free radicals (preventative anti-aging benefits)
- Works in tandem with other ingredients in the formulation to promote overall skin health, hydrating, and balance
- Helps in brightening, hydrating, and promoting a glowing finish following use
- Helps combat bacteria, dead skin build up, and fights any irritation on the skin (anti-acne benefits)
- Helps reduce blemishes and acne, as well as fighting acne causing bacteria which leads to new breakouts
- Promotes evenness in both tone and texture, and improves overall clarity and balance
- Anti-aging benefits: helps in minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, and promotes firmness (while still leaving skin soft, refreshed, and repaired)
- Helps to maintain the skins natural PH balance and maintain natural oil production (for all skin types)
- Anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce the appearance of topical irritation, skin redness, acne, eczema, clogged pores, and help the removal of excess dirt and oil from the skin’s surface
- Helps promote a dewy, refreshed, and more vibrant finishing aesthetic following use
- Helps to hydrate, moisturize, smoothen, soften, and revitalize the appearance of the skin
- Helps to regenerate skin tissues and cells, helping to support overall skin health in tandem with the other ingredients in the formulation
- Reduces blotchiness and redness by helping to tighten capillaries, clean pores, and tone the skin
- Anti-aging benefits: in conjunction with the other ingredients in the formulation, helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and any preexisting sun damage
Borage Seed Oil
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: borage seed oil contains GLA and Omega 6 Fatty Acids that can help treat skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, topical redness, and topical irritation
- Anti-aging benefits: can help to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, deeper set wrinkles, sun damage, sun spots, and hyperpigmentation
- Helps to restore balance to the skin and works well to naturally restore oil production for those of all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Helps in restoring depleted hydration for those with very dry skin
- Helps to brighten the skin, promote even tone and texture, and promote smoothness and restored clarity
- Helps to regenerate surface layers of the skin (anti-aging) and firm the skin, while still promoting softness and hydrating benefits
Fresh Soy Cleanser: Positives & Negatives
For those who are sensitive and looking for a daily go-to cleanser that hydrates the skin while providing anti-aging benefits and a deep cleanse with toning benefits without stripping the skin (that is soy based, and extremely nourishing and gentle), the majority of benefits are definitely positive. With that said, the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser is a great product- but it’s price point is unfortunately not quite as pretty as the benefits with use.
With that in mind, here are some main pros and cons to consider prior to purchase:
- The cleanser is formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, harsh chemical dyes, or irritating binding agents
- Even with sensitive and acne-prone skin, I did not experience any breakouts, topical reaction, irritation, redness, or reactivity following product use (however this is always individual and spot testing is always recommended)
- Cruelty-free company: company does not test their products on any animals, use any animal products in any of their formulations, or during any of their manufacturing processes
- Safe and suitable for all skin types- including sensitive and acne-prone, barring any specific product allergies, particularly to active ingredients in the formulation such as rose (which can be quite irritating for some with highly sensitive skin)
- With a gentle gel based formulation, the fresh soy face cleanser nourishes, soothes, and protects the skin, and removes all traces of makeup without drying out or stripping the skin afterwards
- Anti-aging formulation: over time with continual daily use and in conjunction with other products, the soy cleanser helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage and other signs of aging on the skin, as well as creating a suitable protective barrier to protect against sun and environmental damage (preventative anti-aging benefits)
- Can be used at any age and with any complexion, suitable for all demographics
- Leaves the face feeling extremely soft and refreshed, and visibly brighter even following first-time use
- Perfect for those with very sensitive or dry skin who have tried other options with limited success
- Gentle fresh scent (akin to light cucumber) without any harsh perfume or artificial chemical type odors
- After using this product I noticed a visible decrease in the appearance of breakouts and blemishes, and cleansers in particular tend to be a triggering category for this (acne and corresponding bacteria)
- Pore size seems noticeable smaller in appearance following use
- The soy based formulation is never greasy, sticky, or messy on the skin, and only a small amount of product is needed for use and cleansing, adding to longevity and overall value
- While rare, product allergy, as with any topical product, is always a possibility, and there are some customers who may be sensitive to the rose ingredient or other active natural ingredients in the product (however the vast majority of customers with sensitive skin appreciate this as a holy grail type sensitive skin cleanser product and lifesaver, for how gentle it is)
- Price point: perhaps the greatest downside with this product, especially for the category, is the price, and while there is definitely excellent longevity and shelf-life, the price sticker is certainly not as pretty as the results following use (although the ingredients are of very high quality and for those who swear by the product, the price is definitely worth it)
Especially considering the price point, the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you.
The manufacturer, Fresh Cosmetics, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon any dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the fresh soy cleanser, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable hydrating or anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation itself, you may elect to return it at any time (even if you have tried the product).
In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
If you feel the policy if not taken into consideration, you may contact customer service, and you can remain ensured you will receive a full refund or exchange.
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive skin and did not cause any breakouts (and left the skin feeling soft and nourished after use), but due to any price barriers or sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage your fears, as individual allergies are highly variable with any cleansers or skincare products.
While I felt compared to the longevity and benefits this was a worthy splurge with incredibly ingredients and longevity, this is a highly individual choice, and only one you as a consumer can decide on following use.
Fresh Soy Cleanser: Worth It?
Fresh’s Soy Cleanser gets my glowing stamp of approval in terms of review, only because this seems like an ideal, if not perfect face wash, for those with sensitive (or any) skin types looking for a go-to daily cleanser that does not strip the skin and provides hydrating, brightening, and anti-aging benefits.
Additionally, the deep cleanse provided with minimal product required leaves the skin clear, radiant, refreshed, and hydrated- and is ideal for those who typically feel dryness or pulling after the use of a typical cleansing product.
If you feel you have exhausted different cleansing options without much success, I would definitely recommend looking into Fresh’s soy face wash product, as it really fits the bill and exceeds initial claims of benefits with use.
While the price sticker is a bit much for the category, it’s definitely a valuable product that does not require much use per wash and offers quite a bit of shelf life.
If you are looking for nourishing and gentle option for washing the face, this is a must-have!