Even as an avid fan and consumer of all products in cosmetics and beauty, the eye cream and serum department has always been a personally challenging one. In terms of ingredients, efficacy, and even remembering to use them in conjunction with other daily steps, a product truly has to hit a home run in order for me to give it a solid endorsement in this category.
I have tried every eye product and serum ranging from drug store brands to products from high end department stores in the hundreds (as a caveat as to not receive judgment for the latter, those were definitely sample products over time).
While over the years I’ve remained faithful that a single product would turn this frame of mind around once and for all, after sample 3 Lab’s eye serum without results (a serum nearing most of our monthly rents in terms of expense), for a few years I simply threw in the towel.
Without the need to address very serious signs of aging, and simply wishing to treat signs of puffiness and the dark circles many of us experience resulting from long work hours, staring at computer screens, and the stressors of modern life in conjunction with our digital era, it seemed baffling that with millions of product SKUs to select from, not one could solve such a common dilemma.
So I began to attribute the affliction to a combination of genetics and screen overuse, which may be partially correct, however, this does not mean it is it not treatable if so.
In any event, if anyone else is struggling to find an eye product that truly works or has thrown in the towel, hope is not lost, and I encourage you to not lose hope. As I was picking up a few beauty favorites (Milk Sunshine Oil and Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Creme), I began chatting with a friendly and highly skilled skincare expert working at said company.
As someone formerly employed in the industry myself who had already tried frequent colleague recommendations, it was further baffling to not be able to solve the problem, while trying to help others find solutions themselves. She suggested I try Amore Pacific’s Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence, and I politely accepted her generous sampling with negative inner thinking.
Although, in part I wondered why I never would have tried one of my favorite K-skincare brands formulations, as they’ve never previously let me down.
The night I went home and tried the sample was a true game-changer. As I sat and looked in the mirror after application (one single conservative application), for the first time after trying any single eye product or serum, the entire area brightened up. I would never consider anything in a skincare category “miraculous” without feeling extremely obnoxious, but the feeling considering the years of prior confusion it was fairly remarkable.
This review will cover some main product features, some ingredients and benefits with continual topical use, some main positives and negatives to bear in mind prior to purchase, and a final verdict to bear in mind prior to purchase.
Review: Amore Pacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence
Amore Pacific’s Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence is a 15ml tube product suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and is a targeted treatment with soothing Asian botanicals designed to treat puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines and wrinkles.
From the manufacturer, “this targeted eye treatment is an essential first step of your anti-aging eye regimen, delivering instant brightening, lifting, and de-puffing effects. It can also be applied throughout the day to revive tired eyes. Water hyacinth extract and caffeine help reduce puffiness while caffeine further works to brighten the under-eye area. Green T-Ferment, a breakthrough illuminating ingredient made from fermented green tea, provides antioxidant-powered brightening over time, and oat extract visibly firms and lifts while hydrating the skin. These superior ingredients are delivered via a soothing, cool-touch massage tip wand that lowers skin temperature for visible eye-opening results.”
Amore Pacific uses a patented blend of ingredients that cannot be found in any other product or any other formulation, and the product provides instant brightening benefits following just one use. Over time, users can expect to see puffiness fade, lines and wrinkles decrease, and an overall visible improvement and refreshed appearance to the eye area and the skin around the eyes (including the sides and corners).
Below, you will find some ingredients contained in the formulation and their corresponding benefits with regular topical use. For those who are sensitive, it is often just as important to take into consideration ingredients contained in topical products and formulations as you would the food you eats, as well as understanding underlying skincare benefits with regular use.
Amore Pacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence Ingredients & Benefits
- Helps diminish and fade dark circles and bags
- Anti-aging benefits: helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps promote a more refreshed and brighter aesthetic under the eye area
- Helps decrease puffiness
- Helps create a barrier on the skin to protect against environmental damage and the environment, preventing future damage
- Helps tighten and firm the skin around the eye area
- Reduces puffiness and under eye bags
- Can help reduce under eye circles
- Can help prevent future damage via antioxidant action
- Tightens and hydrates the skin (temporarily- reapplication will be needed to achieve this)
- Can help minimize the appearance of puffy or swollen skin
- Over time, can help reduce and prevent the appearance of fine lines and dark circles (anti-aging benefits)
*It is important to note this ingredient can have a “rebound” effect in the same way caffeine ingestion would, so once cessation is stopped, circles can and may come back and appear even more noticeable, although this is not a typical side effect*
- Fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair and cellular turnover, helps in protecting from future DNA damage
- B2 contained in green tea extract helps maintains structure and firmness to the skin, anti-aging properties including minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin E (found in green tea extract) supports skin cell growth and expedites cellular turnover while hydrating the skin, providing moisture benefits for all skin types, even very dry skin, which is left feeling smooth and rich
- Protects against free radical damage in the environment, prevents harm to skin
- Fights any preexisting DNA damage caused by sun damage (UVB rays-ones that cause burns and damage to the dermis)
- Antibacterial agent that treats and prevents acne and breakouts, prevents the formation of new acne blemishes and acne-causing bacteria
- Works in tandem with other ingredients in the formulation to smoothen out and hydrate the skin around the eye
- Helps to de-bloat the skin under the eye and treat puffiness
- Anti-aging benefits: helps tighten skin around the under eye area and treats signs of fine lines and wrinkles without any greasiness or sticky texture
- Helps prevent against future damage
- Brightens the skin under the eyes, treating signs of dark circles
- Treats signs of loss of elasticity and collagen
Amore Pacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence Positives & Negatives
Overall, this is the single best product in the category I have tried to date. While some may have price objections, a very minimal amount of product goes quite a long way, and it seems like a worthy investment (or splurge if and when affordable), in comparison to benefits and longevity. Further, there are serums and creams on the market I have tested at prices much higher that simply cannot compare to this formulation and product.
With that in mind, here are some key pros and cons to bear in mind prior to purchase:
- As someone who never previously believed in the benefits of eye creams or serums, this product was a game changer (out of hundreds of tested samples and dozens of purchased items that felted like wasted money), so for those who have felt like giving up in this category, and while this may be very individualized, this product is truly a category standout
- Cruelty-free company: the product was not tested on any animals, and no animal product was used during any manufacturing process or during any formulations or manufacturing processes
- Eye area is visibly firmer, younger looking, more youthful, brighter looking, and over time signs of sun damage, lines and wrinkles are visibly less noticeable
- Product is formulated free of any parabens, sulfates, or harsh chemical additives or dyes
- Cooling tip massage wand feels wonderful on the skin and lowers temperature, feeling instantly refreshing on the skin, feels quite refreshing (invigorating in the AM, luxurious in the evening)
- Results are visible after a single use: out of every product I have tried in the category I have never experienced an eye care product that provides visible results immediately following topical application- while you should not expect dark circles to instantly fade, brightening benefits will be immediate after a single use
- Product outperforms others in the category that are at the same price point or even more expensive
- Product is never irritating or drying to the eye area and feels quite luxurious to apply
- Lightweight texture that never feels greasy, sticky or leaves behind any residue
- While this price point is certainly is not cheap by any means for a product of this category, an extremely minimal amount of product is needed (for example, one sample lasts for 5 uses, one full product lasts for over 6 months), additionally, products that are 5-6 fold of this price seem to lack the same benefits of this one, which may be a personal choice, however in this case value far outweighed the cost, and this absolutely seemed like a worthy splurge and indulgence that I would highly recommend as a treat, or if you are seeking a viable solution with true benefits with daily topical use
- The product feels so good and refreshing upon use that it is almost easy to overuse, so the only drawback is simply in ensuring you are using it conservatively to maximize shelf-life and product duration
Amore Pacific Money-Back Guarantee
Especially considering the price point, the return policy in this case may be a highly important factor for you (or if you have your own trepidation concerning eye treatment products).
The manufacturer, Amore Pacific, has a strong return and exchange policy that honors full refunds upon dissatisfaction or allergy, and this policy favors the consumer, both new and returning.
If you are dissatisfied with the use of the eye serum, or if it does not work for your skin to provide suitable overall skincare or anti-aging benefits, or you experience any product allergy or reaction to the formulation, you may elect to return it at any time. In this case, you will receive a full refund equal to the entire purchase price of the item. If the item was received as a gift (without receipt), the policy applies for an even exchange, and this policy is applicable to online purchase, as individual store policy may vary depending on location and distributer.
If you feel the policy if not taken into consideration, you may contact customer service, and you can remain ensured you will receive a full refund.
I was happy to discover that the formulation was gentle enough to use even with very sensitive skin and did not cause any breakouts, but due to price barriers or sensitivity concerns this policy may help assuage fears, as individual allergies are highly variable. While I felt compared to the longevity and benefits this was a worthy splurge, this is a highly individual choice, and only one you as a consumer can decide on.
Amore Pacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence: Worth It?
If you are someone who has given up on the eye serum or product category or feels they simply do not work for you, or are looking for a “quick fix,” but one that certainly lasts with continual use over time, I would recommend without any reservation and with the utmost transparency (as these reviews are not sponsored despite my dreams), to try Amore Pacific’s incredible formulation and Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence.
As someone who had, in all honesty, practically given up hope in the category considering a digital era filled with computer screens, environmental stressors, and the world seeming to work against you in this particular area (as the skin around the eye is 8 times more difficult to treat than regular facial skin, if not more with factors considering), this product truly does work.
While individual opinions may vary, if you are seeking to treat dark circles, fine lines, loss of elasticity, puffiness, or other concerns, and it seems like you’ve exhausted a laundry list of options, it’s important to exercise patience. I would recommend at the very least trying a sample of this product and seeing what it does upon first time use, as results are fairly remarkable.
This makes the perfect gift to self in a stressful world, and it’s lovely to put on in the morning to de-puff before work, or before bed in the evening both as a luxury treatment and to wake up looking and feeling more refreshed despite the actual amount of hours you’ve clocked.
Absolutely recommended! You may be surprised, irrespective of if you’ve tried other products without success in the past. This is an absolute winner and a worthy investment with longevity and benefits.